Friday, August 24, 2012

My other passion....photo restoration!

For the last few years I have been working on my new hobby of photo restoration. Five years ago my Grandma passed away and she was the one where I get my love of scrapbooking from. When Grandpa died a few years later I took over all of Grandmas photos and decided it was my duty to restore them to their former glory. So over the last few months I have been working on a multi-album project. First I have been working on an album of all Grandma photos, basically a timeline of her life. Then I will do the same thing with Grandpas photos and finally a combined album of photos of them together throughout the years.

There are approximately 400 photos in Grandma's album and I have photo restored each and every one of them. I am down to the last few photos to restore. Tonight I worked on one I had been putting off for a while because it was going to be a lot of work. The photo had a lot of damage and with all the lines in the photos that makes it more tricky. However I decided to finally sit down and tackle this photo once and for all.

Here is the final result:

                                       Before                                                    After

In order to better see the details that needed the work you will need to click on the photos to enlarge them.

I do this work as a side business. If you have photos that you would like work done to them let me know and we will work something out. This is my passion, giving new life to old photos so that they can be enjoyed by future generations!

Let me know know what you think of the work by leaving a comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment